To configure your Outlook 2002 for Windows XP follow these steps.
But before you begin, make sure you have the following information
from your ISP (Internet Service Provider):
- Mail Account Username
- Mail Account Password
- Email Address
- Incoming Mail Server Name
- Outgoing Mail Server Name
Do you have this information already? Then you are ready to begin...proceed
to Step 1.
01) Open Outlook Express (usually found in: Start> Programs>)
02) Go to Tools and then select Accounts.
03) Click on Add a new email acount to begin.
04) Click on the next to continue
04) Select the type of email account you wish to setup.
It should be a POP3, but can also be IMAP.
05) Click on the next to continue
06) In the Your Name field type in
the name you wish people to see
07) In the Email Address field type
in your Email Address provided by your ISP.
Note: This can either be an account or an alias. For more information
on aliases see you ISP.
08) Enter your Incoming Mail Server in the
Incoming Mail Server field.
09) Enter your Outgoing Mail Server in the
Outgoing Mail Server field.
10) In the User Name field type in
your ISP provided username.
11) In the Password field type in your
10) Click on the next to continue
15) When you are happy with the setup click Finish.
16) Congratulations! You have just configured your Outlook
2002 for Windows XP use!