Question: How do I disable the Content Advisor Password for Internet Explorer in Windows 98?
Answer: The following steps will remove any password set in the Content Advisor and allow you to reset the program to its original state.
1) Click on Start and choose Run.
2) Type in RegEdit and select OK.
3) Now click on the little plus sign to the left of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current Version/Policies
4) Now click on the Ratings folder.
5) In the right pane of the RegEdit window, you'll see an icon called Key. Click on it and press Delete.
6) Next, choose Registry and then Exit to exit RegEdit. You've just deleted your original Content Advisor password.
7) Restart the computer and run Internet Explorer again.
8) Choose View and then Internet Options (or Options for version 3.x)
9) Click on the Content tab and click on Disable. When asked for a password, don't enter anything; just click on OK. This will disable Content Advisor because there's no longer a password.